Application and Registration
For the 2017-2018 FCA Robotics and Engineering Club will have two Robotics Teams:
- Elementary (4th & 5th Grade) Team – 10 team member maximum (five 4th graders and five 5th graders)
- Middle School (6th – 8th Grade) Team – 10 team member maximum
Application is open to all 4th – 8th Grade students, but only 10 students will be chosen for each team. Joining the FCA Robotics and Engineering Club is a two step process:
1. Submit an application for review to join the club. Applications for the 2017-2018 school year will open on Monday, August 14th during Meet the Teacher Night.
In addition to the application, the following items must be submitted for review:
- Copy of most recent report card
- Teacher recommendation letter
2. Accepted applicants pay your registration fee. You may also order parent/support T-shirts when you complete your registration.
2017-2018 Club Fees
- Annual Membership Fee: $55.00
- Snack and drink per meeting
- Offset cost of tournament entry fees
- Miscellaneous Team Supplies
- Parent/Supporter T-Shirts (optional): $17.00/shirt
Meeting Times and Dates:
- Application Deadline: Monday, August 21st
- Parent Orientation Meeting: Thursday, August 24th @ 4:30 in the Robotics Lab (Rm# 2014)
- First Club Meeting: Wednesday, August 30th, 3:30 – 5:15
- Regular Meetings: Wednesdays & Thursdays, 3:30 – 5:15 in the Robotics Lab (Rm# 2014
General Club Rules:
- Club members must abide by the Student Code of Conduct as outlined in the FCA Student Handbook.
- Club members must maintain Academic Eligibility guidelines for extracurricular activities as outlined in the FCA Student Handbook in order to participate in any club sponsored field trips, tournaments or other events.
- Club members must attend meetings regularly in order to participate in any club sponsored field trips, tournaments or other events.
- Club members must pay the club participation fee. This fee is used to provide the students with a snack and drink during each club meeting. It is also used to help offset the cost of tournament entry fees and purchase supplies as well at club T-shirts.
- Club members must wear club T-shirts to all club sponsored field trips, tournaments and other events.